Nowadays, in the 21st century, there is a vast variety of beauty treatments. Many women resort to the services of a beautician to augment lips or correct their cheekbones. Others turn to plastic surgeons for more substantial facial corrections. Somebody changes the shape of the eyebrows to change the features of the appearance and comes to the eyebrow master. And for others, it is enough to extend their hair to change their appearance.
If you are of the latter type, then this blog post is right for you!
Despite the hand-tied method has been used for many years, women are constantly worried about the question: do hair extensions damage hair? In this article, we will try to figure out whether this technique is bad for your hair or not.
Are hand-tied extensions bad for your hair?
No, hand-tied hair extensions are not bad for your hair. They will help you to maintain the health of your hair. It is one of the oldest methods of hair extensions that is accomplished by weaving or sewing the weft to your native hair. First, the master creates rows of braids, then with the help of a special needle, he will sew together the donor weft with your native hair forming a bond.
The existing positive and negative aspects of the hair extension method differ in their properties: for the positive side, it is a visual and psychological factor, and the negative side is a physiological factor. Naturally, it does not mean that it is necessary to abandon this procedure. It is only necessary to know about the possible consequences. So, if the client’s hair is fine thin, then the master should educate him about the risks that hand-tied extensions can have on his curls.
Do Hand Tied Extensions Use Heat Or Glue?
For you to know, it is an actual application technique. Hand-tied extensions require no heat, glue, or other chemicals used to fix the donor weft to your native hair. Thanks to this procedure, you can easily forget about thin, dull, short, and split hair, and get shiny, voluminous, long, and most importantly – completely healthy hair. And, as a result, you will get attractive and eye-catching curls.
Do hand-tied extensions make your hair fall out?
No, hair extensions do not affect your hair loss! No woman has ever complained that her hair is falling out due to extended strands. The only problem is the depletion of hair. However, it cannot be noticed with the naked eye, hair extensions do not change the quality of your hair.
When you visit a beauty salon, the hairdresser should check the condition of your hair and determine its type before starting the extension procedure. Hair extension is not recommended if you have very thin strands. Because fixing the artificial strands requires a minimum amount of hair.
Any strand extension technique requires professional skills. You shouldn’t doubt any of the hair extensions techniques. All of them have been studied and approved by professionals. The most important thing is to choose a beauty salon with a good reputation. You should not take risks and go to hairdressers that do not specialize in hair extensions.
Keep in mind, hair extensions are of two types: natural or artificial. It is much more difficult to work with fake strands. Therefore, we advise you to choose natural hair extensions, which, of course, require regular home care. To maintain hair health and for aesthetic reasons, you should wear the hair extensions for no more than 3 months.
How to Sleep with Hand Tied Hair Extensions?
Many girls do not use this procedure, fearing that hair extensions require expensive care. But we will dispel this myth. Taking care of your hair extensions is as easy as your native strands. But still, you should adhere to some rules that will help you maintain the shine and the gorgeous look of your hairstyle.
- Do not go to bed with damp hair, as it can tangle and break.
- Never comb wet hair! Stylists note that this rule also applies to natural strands, as it can severely injure the hair.
- Before going to bed, you need to braid your hair or do a tight ponytail using a soft elastic band.
How can I restore my hair after extensions?
If your master is experienced enough, then using this method in creating a new image will not entail negative consequences, but if the hair extension was made by masters who do not have sufficient qualifications, then hair problems cannot be avoided.
The most effective ways to restore hair after extensions:
- Cut off damaged hair ends. Naturally, it is better to carry out this procedure with a competent specialist who will not only cut off lifeless, split centimeters, but also give the hair an attractive shape, hiding the maximum number of defects that have appeared.
- Stop using styling products. You also need to forget about hairstyling devices.
- Make firming masks regularly using olive, burdock, or peach oil. The given product is warmed up in a water bath, after which it is rubbed into the scalp with gentle movements. Some hair masters recommend wrapping the head with a film and a thick towel for 2-3 hours. Then wash off the oil with shampoo and warm water.
- Proper nutrition is also an important factor. Your diet should include foods (containing vitamins necessary for hair – group B) and vitamin complexes that “take care” of your curls. Eating wholemeal bread, as well as brewer’s yeast and wheat germ will help restore lifeless strands.
- Besides, choose a shampoo with special care. It should have a neutral pH and be free from silicone, as well as other components that negatively affect the health of the hair.
These tips will help to restore your hair, but to avoid these troublesome measures, choose only certified beauty salons with competent specialists who know how to extend your hair without damaging it.