Tape in hair extension is considered the most popular technique, it belongs to cold technologies. Hair extensions on types are chosen with pleasure by both clients and masters since this method is distinguished by its simplicity of application, as well as an excellent effect.
The strands are fixed at the roo using a transparent tape, the length of which is from two to four centimeters. It is placed under a strand of your own hair, and another tape is fixed at the top. As a result, a person’s own strand is securely fixed between the overhead curls.
Caring for hair extensions using the tape in method is not an easy task. If you want fake curls to
last you as long as possible, try to adhere to the following recommendations:
- In order not to accidentally touch the adhesive tapes when combing, you need to find
and buy a comb with rare teeth.
- It is forbidden to wash hair extensions for a couple of days after the procedure. It is also
advisable not to be exposed to rain or to stay in places with excessive air humidity,
otherwise, the glue will get wet and the hair will fall out.
- You cannot go to bed with wet or damp hair, first, you need to dry your strands.
- Extended hair requires special nutrition, so use more shampoo and conditioner when
washing your hair.
- Dry your hair with a hairdryer only at low temperatures.
- It is undesirable to visit saunas, as, under the influence of steam, the glue on the tapes
will get wet.
- When you wash your hair, it is better to use a shower.
- In order to keep your tape in your hair tidy, braid it before going to bed.
Thus, by following our recommendations, your hair extensions will always look great and stunning.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of tape in hair extensions?
Tape in hair extensions is undoubtedly the safest method, which is its immediate advantage. However, there are also disadvantages to this technology. These include the difficulty and cost of caring. Conventional hair care products will not work for this situation. You will have to purchase special tools from your master. Also, with extended hair, it is impossible to make some hairstyles, for example, a ponytail. The thing is, some hairstyles do not look very attractive because the artificial curls become visible. Besides, another disadvantage of tape in the hair extension method is its relative fragility. You can wear tape in extensions for about two months, after which a correction will be required, which will cost much cheaper than an extension itself.
As for the indisputable advantages, the following factors can be enhanced here:
- Most often, the tape in extension procedure lasts no more than forty minutes. In rare cases, up to an hour.
- Natural hair does not damage at all, since there is no thermal effect on its structure.
- Extended hair does not pull back your natural hair and is difficult to distinguish from your native strands.
- Tape in hair extension can be carried out even on very short hair. The optimal length for high-quality extensions is three centimeters.
- The cost of a tape hair extension procedure is much lower and faster than a capsule one. It is one of their main differences.
Thus, having studied the pros and cons of tape hair extension, you can decide whether it is worth extending your hair with a tape in method or not. In general, the reviews about tape in hair extensions are the most positive.
Things you need to know about removing tape in hair extensions
The overhead strands are fixed at the very base using a tape on which an adhesive is applied. The only thing that the specialist should do is just to place it in the right part of the native strand, fix the second strand on top, and the procedure can be considered complete. The whole process takes no more than an hour, and the hair after the tape extension acquires the most natural appearance.
Correction of tape hair extensions takes place after a month or one and a half, the stylist moves the tape as close as possible to the root sections of the hair. To remove the strands used for the tape in method, you will need to apply a special remover that will dissolve the glue, making it easy to remove the tapes.
Can you remove your tape in hair extensions yourself?
Having extended your hair with a tape in method, sooner or later you will have a desire to remove it. It can be done both in the salon with the help of a master and at home with the help of your friends.
In order to remove hair extensions using the tape method at home, you will need a hairdryer and remover. Comb your hair and warm it up with a hairdryer until the extended strands come off on their own. Carefully remove them and rub the bonding to get rid of the remaining adhesive.
Removing hair extensions in the beauty salon is inexpensive, so if you do not believe in yourself and are afraid of damaging your hair, it is better to entrust this matter to a master.
How long does removal take?
Removing the tape in hair extension is quick and easy. The exact time of the procedure depends on the condition of your native hair, length, and thickness of your hair.
As it turned out, tape extensions are ideal for those who lack patience or simply cannot grow a braid to the waist. It is the perfect method for a reasonable price. So, if you want to get the perfect results in a short period it is the right time to buy tape in hair extensions from a reputable company.